Thursday, April 7, 2011

Stress Relief

So - I am trying to figure out new ways to relieve stress and make time for myself. I have a hard time with making time for myself...I am a giver - always have been. Taking time out for yourself is necessary, and I need some help in that area. These are a few of the things I do for myself:
  • Working out - I have fallen in love again with water aerobics, and I have become friends with "Zumba" recently. I have a great workout buddy, and that is half the battle. We encourage each other, and share many laughs along the way ;)
  • Scrapbooking - This has not happened for a few years, but I was really getting into scrapbooking. Life has gotten in the way, but I am trying to change that.
  • Going out with friends - O.K. this is not an easy one...I don't have many friends anymore. Yorkie Dad and I had some "great" friends that were actually "conditional" friends. Once we left the church we attended due to certain reasons, we were blacklisted. I have one amazing friend here, and she is truly the only one who understands me, but I don't want to monopolize her time either. I try and get out once a month or so.
What are some things you do for yourself???? I am always looking for new ideas...

~Yorkie Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment